Octane for my compression.

Dont cheap out on good fuel. I lost a motor like that years ago.

I got tired of driving hours to get race fuel so my current engine was set up very safely for pump gas by my engine builder. We discussed timing and fuel choice thoroughly before he started my build. I also talked to my engine builder about getting all my engine parts. That way it was a one stop shop for my engine. He told me things he doesnt deal with like suspension etc for what i do. In short, whoever did the engine work should tell you best what to do.

Dont cheap out on good fuel. I lost a motor like that years ago.

I got tired of driving hours to get race fuel so my current engine was set up very safely for pump gas by my engine builder. We discussed timing and fuel choice thoroughly before he started my build. I also talked to my engine builder about getting all my engine parts. That way it was a one stop shop for my engine. He told me things he doesnt deal with like suspension etc for what i do. In short, whoever did the engine work should tell you best what to do.

^ This. Race fuel is pricey and sometimes a pain to get but its well worth it. You never know what your getting with pump fuel and the quality is shit compared to the R&D and quality that race fuel offers. Your engine builder will Thank you in the future for using it and you will get more life out of your motor.