choke help.

And it ran perfect when you bought it at that mixture? Im going to assume it wasnt rejetted for winter and thats just what was already in it? Most people run about a 260 in a set up like yours and using a thinner oil ratio it would probably want an even smaller main then that even. Being its winter though that should be not far off due to the cold. still need to know what pilot size tho to make a determination of if that is the issue or not. probably should be 27.5 but then again this could also be a rich bog when the needle starts to open at about 1/4 throttle and the thinner fuel and the richer needle setting overpower the spark.

What your buddy meant was after you get it jetted properly dont change the ratio as that will effect jetting.  I would still use a richer oil mixture personally and always warm it up properly before riding so the jugs warm up to temp at the same speed as the pistons. Especially in cold weather if you dont warm it up well first then the pistons will get hotter then the jugs causing them to expand faster scoring them. every banshee engine i have tore apart so far had piston scoring leading me to believe this was done frequently.

There was a 260 in it but I took it out n put 280 in. When I got it.. at high rpm or at a high gear it would bog down and sputter. After new main jet that doesnt happen anymore but now it bogs n low rpm range. I can pull clutch get to mid rpm and it's fine. But role out n 1st it acts as if it dnt wanna go. Then bam! It lifts the wheels n takes off.

There was a 260 in it but I took it out n put 280 in. When I got it.. at high rpm or at a high gear it would bog down and sputter. After new main jet that doesnt happen anymore but now it bogs n low rpm range. I can pull clutch get to mid rpm and it's fine. But role out n 1st it acts as if it dnt wanna go. Then bam! It lifts the wheels n takes off.

Identify your pilots and where the Air/fuel screws are set at. Turn the A/f screws in clockwise counting the revolutions until lightly seated, make note of what they were at then back them out 1.5 turns making sure they are both the same.

Also the fact that you need 280s with a stock airbox makes me suspicious that it may have an air leak. Check over your intake boots very carefully and look for cracks. make sure reed cages/ intake is tight. i would say its suspect.