How to calculate overbored piston sizes?

ETR174

So my Banshee has Wiseco forged pistons bored over .035. Can you guys tell me how much of a displacement increase this is and how you find this? Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Edited by ETR174

that dont make sense. friend gots a 250 bored .050 so its a 300 now i think. thats what they tell me anyways. this math shit is confusing

It also goes by the size of the bore when boring. You'll remove more metal boring a 3" .050 over than a 2" bore .050 over. So it will add more displacement to a bigger bore vs a smaller. Im sure a .050 250 is no where near a 300 anyway so don't let my statement confuse you even more...

I'm going to say its .30 then. That's still 356cc. Still not sure about the bore size. Also I meant to ask, is there some type of equation for calculating this?

Edited by ETR174

Well it would be at least 357cc. Don't know anything about a different stroke. I'll have to ask the old owner when I get a chance.

Do you own a caliper and a spark plug socket? If yes, you can check the stroke yourself.

If you want to increase bore size so you can tell people you have a bigger motor, boring it isn't the way to do it. Buy a set of CP cylinders, and stroker crank

No I'm just wondering what the real size is. I don't want to bore it more. As long as it is forged and it works that's all that matters to me.