What kind of tranny fluid do you all use and how often do you change it out?

mossontte

i have rebuilt more 350, 350c, 700r4, c4, aod, aode, c4,,c6 trans than you could ever dream of. auto transmissions have sprag gears (yes metal on metal gears) even even tremec 5/6 speeds in 03 up fords use atf along with several other manual transmissions. stop posting your usless ignorant fucking shit on this board and go play on facebook. you haven't the slightest clue what is fine to use in a transmission. like i said when you learn how to uniformly penetrate metal with a welder then we can move on to viscosity, pressure rating and lubricity of oils.

• Like 1

the reason some of us change it every ride is because we purposly set our clutches of to slip off the line. again until you know about oils get lost. the burning that takes place when the clutches are slipped under a engine that actually makes enough power (not your junky ass 6 second bike) it reduces the life of the oil and contaminates it. just like engine oil only faster. in a bike that doesnt purposly slip, or burn the oil i have ran the same atf the entire season.

So all the people that say atf is junk are ignorant. OK well I guess yamaha themselves are clueless. All the transmission fluid companys like klotz, belray, honda, yamaha, etc... are all idiots. They should all be running atf cause fords put it in there transmissions! And because phelps said so.

lol wow even all the local yamaha shops say to run honda gear oil. it's thinner than yamaha oil and works better. i guess big equipment companies are idiots for using hydrolic fluid that is about like water in the gear boxes. i mean obviously it's not thick enough to protect anything. maybe you want to argue about painting? someone said you could paint? probably farming that out and calling it your work. no way someone as ignorant as you can lay some material....