Quick Mod

lectro99

clean your air filter. Make sure it is jetted right. And for cheap mods, you could shave the head, lighten the flywheel, and get the shift star modded for $140 shipped. That will give your bike a quick kick in the ass. And then on top of that, if you hook up a good deal on some pipes on Ebay, you will really wake the bike up. What is done to it now? I assume it is all stock?

Quickest mod: check the tire pressure.

Least expensive: read through these forums (too bad we lost a buncha good posts with the most recent forum upgrade).

Seriously, there's alot you can do, almost nothing you won't find here, and alot depends on how you plan to ride or race. Like removing weight (cut front fenders, remove coolant overflow bottle, ditch the e-brake, remove TORS, almost anything aftermarket, etc.), upgrade the air filter setup, port the reed cages, shave the head, get pipes, tires, gearing, etc etc etc

I just ran the hose from the radiator cap (the one that used to go to the bottle) so it sits right above my left pipe...if it ever gets hot enough to puke it will discharge on the pipe and make a huge-ass cloud of steam. I've never had it overheat, but I think jetting is the biggest factor, and I also run Water Wetter and have some foam around the radiator so air has to go through (not around) it. I also run a temp gauge (highly recommend it), so I know when it's getting hot...

just buy an air filter there cheap by K&N like 40 bucks there nuttin....i cut my pipes at the midle(right under the rear fender) i think it worked cuz my bike is a lil more powerfull but too loud so i homade a silencer it works great oh i also welded on sum pipe so it comes out the rear end of my bike. :D

just buy an air filter there cheap by K&N like 40 bucks there nuttin....i cut my pipes at the midle(right under the rear fender) i think it worked cuz my bike is a lil more powerfull but too loud so i homade a silencer it works great oh i also welded on sum pipe so it comes out the rear end of my bike. :D

you cut it and mae something and it was loud and you welded something again and added something god that was confusing... lol my exhaust is modded also cut and exiting under my seat both silencers are right beside wach other id like to make a single large muffler sometime perhaps... screw it drag pipes!!!!

I'd say there are 2 good free mods.

1- Drill some BIG holes in the lid of the air box. Don't worry about water unless you go waverunning with your banshee.

2- Ride more often.

The better you get at using the power you have, the better you will do with the improvements you eventually spend money on.

The best low dollar improvements are things like the Air filter {getting rid of the stock one} and tires. TORS and the related emergency brake stuff is another thing that I would dump more on a reliability level than a real performance enhancer. I'm not a big fan of hacking stuff off of my quad to shed a couple pounds. If you want your banshee to lose weight, then start by losing weight yourself. You'll be better off and your ride will be quicker.

Beyond that, I'd say to buy pipes. They weigh less and they boost performance so you get a double benefit.

What is the Quickest Mod that i can do to my bike? Not expensive at all or something i can do with out buying anything???

Remove the snorkel from the airbox lid. This will let it flow better, and only has one screw to loosen, plus you don't have to buy anything.

Do I win a prize?