Banshee Headlight stock socket type?

ETR174

yes and no, they're a small cylindrical or oval electrical device with 2 prongs/poles similar to a resistor but larger. been meaning to do some research myself to see which one would be the correct size for this application. they're rated in farads. there is ac and dc capacitors and they are not interchangeable. a lot of the dc conversion kits come with a capacitor but this wouldn't be the correct one for a stock stator with out the dc conversion. basically it would just have to be installed inline after stator before voltage regulator on the lighting circuit.

I used to have a large dc capacitor in my car to keep the amps running at peak during large power draws due to extreme bass  to stop the power from spiking to improve the bass response.

you've kinda re sparked some interest with this topic i will be doing some research and calculations myself to figure out what i need to retain the stock charging system but with a capacitor. I need one anyways to power my heated grips and thumb warmer properly. as it is i bought a digital unit and they don't work properly cause when ever the voltage drops they shut off due to lack of power.

edit: after a little research it appears that they do sell some kits for hids that have the capacitors inline right at the lights which is after the voltage regulator. still looking for more info but i may have to actually test some things before i know for certain. i would think its possible to place a single capacitor before the regulator to effect both lights in a low voltage stock system but dont quote me on that. to be determined..