Banshee is boiling..

mossontte

I can hear and see it boiling in the reservoir, once it pisses out everything int the res it seems to stop...every time i take the radiator cap off the coolant is to the top.... i ordered the fmf jet kit with the 260 main jet and the 30 pilot jet... the needle clip is at the 4the position from the top..

I can hear and see it boiling in the reservoir, once it pisses out everything int the res it seems to stop...every time i take the radiator cap off the coolant is to the top.... i ordered the fmf jet kit with the 260 main jet and the 30 pilot jet... the needle clip is at the 4the position from the top..

after reading this It sound like its working since the fluid is getting pushed into the reservoir

Damn right I ride a yamaha

Are you sure it's boiling and not compression pushing it out?

Sent from a van down by the river

How long does it run before it starts pushing water? If its pretty quick then its head gasket. Did you use a new head gasket or o-rings if its a cool head? When you fill it up just fill the radiator and dont put anything in the overflow tank. You may also have to burp some air out of it. Im betting sprinklerman is right since it just started after rebuild. Probably head gasket and compression is pressurizing the radiator.

Head gasket most likely.... It's not boiling, it's pressurizing, and blowing the pressure relief cap at 1.0Bar of pressure or about 15psi...

Head gasket most likely.... It's not boiling, it's pressurizing, and blowing the pressure relief cap at 1.0Bar of pressure or about 15psi...

It only loses the coolant in the res, the level in the radiator is always at the top? if it was a head gasket wouldn't the coolant level go down in the radiator?

Is there a way to test the head gasket?