Lightened Flywheel

coolhuh

What are the advantages or disadvantages of getting a lightened flywheel.  My banshee has pipes, 2-1 carb and boyseen reeds.  I ride the dunes for fun, will this help me much?

Thanks

I have one, and love it! Used it for trails, mx, and now drag. Just remember it will not make any more power, but will make the power u have more "on tap". Banshee's love to rev, but the stock flywhell is heavy, which slows the revs down, when u lighten it, the bikes is able to rev faster. If u play ride alot, then this is the mod for you, or anyone as a matter of fact......

When your ready, i highly suggest sending it to Boonman, his work is awesome and the price is too!

I think the tooling particularly the fixturing is the key. I could lighten them in my manual lathe, I just need to make a taper to lock it on to. I however don't know how much to take off. I think mine has around .040 or so off of the front and back. You have to be careful as the flywheel is somewhat hardened, so you would need to use some good carbide, and if you drop it or strike it suddenly (If it flys out of the chuck some how for example) it can be degaussed. Once degaussed, you have to buy a new fly wheel.

I have seen BD's and they are superb!!!!! The pic that sticks in my mind was a beutifully polished piece. Man, I would be modding the stator cover with that puppy in there!!! Mine however, are not so pretty, i will clean up the wheel the best I can, but it won't come out looking as pretty. I also don't remove as much weight as BD can. I don't mess around with the slots. I don't have the time..... PM me for pricing info, I'll hook ya up.... Same day service, and like BD, I haven't heard one complaint. And everyone that rides my bike, is damn impressed with the throttle response that only a lightened flywheel can give....