Cub or cheetah?

slobanshee

No. Not at all....but CAMATV will disagree.

Stick with the cub.

yup yup yup...

my thoughts  take it how you want..

10 cubs run great.  10 cranks are more ex than a 4 mill.  need more case work for the 10 than the 4  BUT the 73 needs top case work to fit,  the 73mm pistons are more than the 68's Not by much..  the cheeta IF done right with the pv's will have a much broader spread of power than the 10 but the 10 will have more tq than a 421 cub.  the cheetah has a much better head shape/ design than the cub, the cheeta will need real domes for it.   i have my own thougths on exhaust shape and port timings on pv motors..  most all the cheeta's i have seen here are set up like a fixed port engine..  that alone leaves a lot on the table for them to run right.

• Like 2

No. Not at all....but CAMATV will disagree.

Stick with the cub.

John, I know you had trouble. That was a while back. A lot of folks have messed with them now and their potential is starting to be reached. Not only are guys fixing the issues, they are finding out how to get them to really run hard. Admittedly it is the minority of the situation though. But, just because your cheetah didn't run that well doesn't mean it can't/isn't being done.

John, I know you had trouble. That was a while back. A lot of folks have messed with them now and their potential is starting to be reached. Not only are guys fixing the issues, they are finding out how to get them to really run hard. Admittedly it is the minority of the situation though. But, just because your cheetah didn't run that well doesn't mean it can't/isn't being done.

Yeah? Show me proof. (I had mine for a long time and had multiple well known builders try to improve it. And my 10 mill 465 cub made more power AND the same TORQUE as "Nickisgod's" F.A.S.T. prepped 485 4 mill Cheetah.)

And let's not use CAM as an example since he's had 350's that beat much bigger motors, won't post any dyno curves of his "correctly set up Cheetahs" and has no timeslips.

And most of all embrace that I really only focus on 4 mill cheetahs for well researched reasons.

You know of a strong 4mill Cheetah with powervalves?....let me know. Powervalve motors have been used in watercraft and snowmobiles for a LONG TIME. So let's not start thinking that secret magic port concepts are just now finding the light of day.

If you can list a builder who a person can buy a cheetah from that will make more power than a cub....I'm all ears. Seriously! Name these people who have "figured them out".

• Like 1

Yeah? Show me proof. (I had mine for a long time and had multiple well known builders try to improve it. And my 10 mill 465 cub made more power AND the same TORQUE as "Nickisgod's" F.A.S.T. prepped 485 4 mill Cheetah.)

And let's not use CAM as an example since he's had 350's that beat much bigger motors, won't post any dyno curves of his "correctly set up Cheetahs" and has no timeslips.

And most of all embrace that I really only focus on 4 mill cheetahs for well researched reasons.

You know of a strong 4mill Cheetah with powervalves?....let me know. Powervalve motors have been used in watercraft and snowmobiles for a LONG TIME. So let's not start thinking that secret magic port concepts are just now finding the light of day.

If you can list a builder who a person can buy a cheetah from that will make more power than a cub....I'm all ears. Seriously! Name these people who have "figured them out".

No clue, just seen them at local races putting the hurt on larger motors with pretty similar chassis set up and riders are close in size/weight. I'd imagine that the 10 mil was from A&S and with what was supposedly a 4mil,maybe (gulp) RDZ? It was plastered with RDZ stickers.

Sorry it's not a link to a dyno sheet or YouTube video. I just gave an opinion based on what I've seen. I'm sorry you didn't get the same results a select few have. I get it though. For what kinda time/money/effort that goes in to a cheetah it isn't really worth it for most. But there has been some that have turned up that really screamed. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by trickedcarbine

Not to bag on anything but is a 535 running 3.8's impressive? Not bad at all. But that's a number a 421 can achieve and still be considered in the norm?

ya its hard to beet a good 421.. but the same can be said about a 465 cub and super cubs,,,,bottom line ,, 421's work well.. bigger cc doesnt mean you'll go faster

Yeah that's true. But given a 535 should make 10-15 horsepower more then a little 4mm. It should be faster. There's a reason everyone does cubs, and not cheetahs.

om sure this 535 will un low .7,s this yr ...it only ran 5-7 races last yr ...... A lite chassis and jockey will sweet,n the times up ... And 3.8 out of a 421 on a stock. Frame bike ....is VERY hard ..now if we want to talk chassis bikes then that's a different story ...I will have video and slips up on this 10 mill cheeta.. this yr ......what's everyone think a 535 should run in a stock frame?