Want to add a brake light to my 88

blynch89

i have read up on the forums about retro fitting a older bike to hve brake lights, although i still am a bit confused. one i understand how the stock rear switch works and where it mounts, but how do the switch work in the rear if you go the hydraulic route? like this one http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1195/25925/Tusk-Hydraulic-Brake-Switch-Nissin-Brakes?term=%20127-559. also how do i wire it at the back brake light, and  what is a good yet cheaper brake light to go with? thanks for any info i realize these are a lot of questions and some maybe pretty self explanatory but i need some help understanding none the less

The switch you posted is usually used for the front master cylinder to have it turn brake lights on when used. here is a link to a thread about adding this circuit.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123699&p=1071045

The switch you posted is usually used for the front master cylinder to have it turn brake lights on when used. here is a link to a thread about adding this circuit.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=123699&p=1071045

awesome thanks for the link i'll take a look at it. i see you live in mi, same here im in st. Clair shores wishing i could go riding right now 

awesome thanks for the link i'll take a look at it. i see you live in mi, same here im in st. Clair shores wishing i could go riding right now

Don't we all living in Southeastern Michigan

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

That fitting you posted can be used on either front or rear brake, I have one on my 2002. I switched out my broken one off of the brake pedal and fitted that bolt type in the rear caliper.

You can also use the banjo type fixing and retain the stock bolt.

just ordered this switch http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1195/-/223678/K-%26-S-Universal-Brake-Light-Switch?term=1290970001&SearchInputs:gobtn.x=-1126&SearchInputs:gobtn.y=-107 for the rear brake, i don't think im going to do a switch right now on the fronts, just going to see how long it takes to do this one and go from there. so for the power off of the yellow wire coming from the headlights, does it matter where i splice in or can i splice in on the right hand side of the bike right next to the air box right after it comes off of the stator?

Don't we all living in Southeastern Michigan

Yea i like Michigan allot although i wish i could find some closer places to ride, the closest place for me is the mounds and that's eh.

Place I ride is in waterford, empty section of land that the guys at magics made into a track and groom it. Its fun several jumps. Here is an overhead view. Not a lot of people know its there as its kinda hidden but I've met a few cool people riding there.

Screenshot_2013-09-01-12-56-48.png

yes, several jumps. One really big one with a long straight with a sloped landing that you can jump basically as far as you are daring enough to go plus another that i like a lot that I have  measured my landings at over 50ft, a double that i haven't quite mastered as it comes out of a turn that ive yet to hit the down side of the second jump.

Downside of this place is its in the middle of the city and people seem to think its a frigging dump site. we try to clean it up regularly but there is shit dumped off the trail in several places, just random garbage, tires and construction debris or yard waste. Couple times we have confronted some one driving a truck and trailer back there to obviously dump they're shit but were met by a group of angry riders whom told them to get the fuck out, took pictures and video of them and threatened to turn them in for illegally dumping and at least once i saw some one pull up to them and drop the hammer completely covering their truck with flying gravel and dirt effing up their paint job.

Usually on weekends we have about 6-10 vehicles each with multiple machines ranging from very skilled to dads teaching their kids to ride. Then there is usually a group that usually sits at the main camp consisting of the wives/girlfriends people with out machines and people taking a break. Everyone's friendly and tries to go in a single direction on the main track to avoid head on collisions.

It also gets groomed regularly usually right after any rainfall the guys at Magics racing bring a tractor over and groom the track and fix jumps packing them down and fixing all the ruts the 4stroke bikes seem to dig.

Place I ride is in waterford, empty section of land that the guys at magics made into a track and groom it. Its fun several jumps. Here is an overhead view. Not a lot of people know its there as its kinda hidden but I've met a few cool people riding there.

That looks pretty awesome. whats the deal with going there? do you need to know somebody or call ahead or kinda just go when you want to?

Is that private land or can you actually pay to ride there?

Is that private land or can you actually pay to ride there?

Dont have to pay its free, owned by the city just vacant undeveloped land. There is an area in the fence to enter off telegraph. There's a police mini station across the street we talked to the cops and they dont care if we ride there. As long as we trailer in and dont ride on the roads.

Dont have to pay its free, owned by the city just vacant undeveloped land. There is an area in the fence to enter off telegraph. There's a police mini station across the street we talked to the cops and they dont care if we ride there. As long as we trailer in and dont ride on the roads.

That's awesome when do people usually start riding there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk