Swingarm Ride Height ?

troyzstang

Just tinkering in the garage tonight.

My 421 cub bike came with a rear strut that made the bike sit really low so I made another one. 

Need some feedback from the veteran drag guys please. Do I need to drop the bike now.

Did I lift it to high for 300ft runs?

Thanks Guys,

Troy

20131218_182105_zpsc3f523b8.jpg

20131218_182219_zps634e1d8c.jpg

It looks a bit low in the last picture.

I am just throwing this out there but, what I had was an adjustable strut.

you could raise it and lower it to where it needed to be.

It was ideal for finding that happy medium for where it was stable, felt comfortable and would launch really well.

mine wound up with just a little bit of downward angle on it where it was not quite parallel with the ground.

Edited by Hilarious

A good starting point when taking a bike to being a rigid is parallel.  Once there and the bike is tested.  Then the riders comfort is what should determine the next step on raising or lowering.  

Keep this in mind.  The lower the center of gravity, the more the bike will want to grip and get.

its more of a geo thing instead of a low gravity thing..  the power wants to do things to the frame and the mounts, angle of the arm, and front end height all play a part..  i read a lot on how its controlled on drag cars and that really brought things to light that i had never thought of.

BUT  an adjustable strut is a good way to go.