Swingarm questions

Gotmils?

Ok I have a plus 10 swinger as of right now but my question is will the plus 10 hook just as hard as a shorter one and is it true that you will lose hp because of your swinger being to long im running asphalt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ok I have a plus 10 swinger as of right now but my question is will the plus 10 hook just as hard as a shorter one and is it true that you will lose hp because of your swinger being to long im running asphalt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Depending on what you have for a motor. I would start with the +10 you have. We originally started with a +8 on asphalt with our 7mm race gas cub. It worked pretty well, but was pretty violent & a hand full at times. We went to a +14 & went faster. The quad was much easier to ride.

Now, if I was street racing I would look at shortening the arm up a little more.

As for your question about a longer swinger making you lose HP the answer is it WILL slow you down if the added length makes you have to run much larger tires than needed for your HP level. Same as with sand.

Guys I know with approx 90-115 hp run a +10 on asphalt and American Racer 20x8x10 SD23 compound tires. If you are running a less sticky tire you may spin like crazy with a +10. Hope that is of some help to you. Radar