Running on 1 cylinder

1sick6

Hey every one, last night during dirt circuit my bike was running awesome in the first round But in the second race on the second lap it dropped back to 1 cylinder (only running on the left) so I pulled up and spent the rest of the night trying to fix it but not sure what has happened.

The first thing I did was a compression test, both at 140psi still (same as b4 the race)

I thought it was a carb problem (35mm pwk air strikers) but I swapped them around and it's still only the left cylinder running.

Tried new plugs, swapped plug leads still the same.

If a reed petal broke could it cause this kinda thing to happen?

Cheers, Paul

Ok so I have since checked my reeds (looked fine) but swapped them out any way with some stock reeds.

I have also changed the carbys just to eliminate any chance of it being them.

I Started it back up but it's still the same, only running the the left cylinder. The right side pipe just blew out unburnt fuel.

I covered the right side pipe with my hand and after a few seconds the bike starts to rev up, obviously covering the left pipe after a few seconds kills the engine.

Any more thoughts of what else I could check?

• 2 weeks later...

Figured out no, it is fixed tho, I replaced just about everything, stator, flywheel, CDI, carbys, reeds, and it still did it but the problem did swap sides, then after that I swapped plugs again with plugs I had already tried and it all worked.

So I don't know what the problem was.