Yamaha Clutch Cross-Compatibility

TurbStLCards

Just as a thought, kind of along the lines of using your hand to control how fast you let the clutch grab, this is something from the VW drag racing world that I think would work for you if you could make one or adapt something like it

c00c5b2fe926043202a7593e0503e46a_zps212d

It is an adjustable valve that can be adjusted to slow down the return of the clutch arm. For drag racing when you dump the clutch instead of it hammering into full hook-up, you can slow it down to engage in a smooth motion. This saves wear and tear on the tranny during launch, but it also slows down engagement during shifting all other gears too.

Just a thought

welp..    the spring loaded basket or ANY clutch basket change is NOT going to isolate your shock loads off the transmission.   figure that one out on your own  your smart enough.    

IF it was ME  i would look for a rear wheel hub setup that HAS a cush sproket mount and just adapt that to your street bike, dirt bike conversion ( what i THINK your building)..   and yes  i know what your talking about and why they are there.