starting fresh

ewalka

i am listening and why be so proper im not writing a book everyone criticizes i know stuffs gonna be expensive but im finding deals on stuff i bet i can build this bike with $3000 or under im at 240 right now plus paint and wire wheel so ill say 260ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when has using punctuation been considered "so proper".?

Well for one thing, if you make your posts easier to read (punctuation) you'll get more help. Its the least you can do when asking for free help. Sheesh.

Sorry dude. I mean if ya cant read it then why reply to it with responses with how to type. I took a computer class I know how to write. I need to know how to build a shee the cheap and right way. Not trying to be a a$$ hole to anyone but if I wanted info on how to punctuate properly I would be on google

sorry dude i mean if ya cant read it then why reply to it with responses with how to type i took a computer class i know how to write i need to know how to build a shee the cheap and right way not trying to be a a$$ hole to anyone but if i wanted info on how to punctuate properly i would be on google

99% of the guys on here ,whos info you can trust ,won't offer help .,if YOU won't put even a minimal amount of effort into making your posts easy to understand. This isn't English class...but at least put SOME effort into making it easier for us to help you. If you won't do that. ..well ..good luck.

Wow !

I guess this thread went a little sideways :confused:

Anyway there is some nuggets of truth being shared by HQ veterans here. Ground up builds are nice and satisfying,

but they will put a hurting on your wallet real quick. I too learned the hard way. $ 6,000+ later my bike is complete. ( well kinda)

Good luck though.

Troy

Punctuation is key. If you can't even take the time to properly write a some what thought out question, how are you when it comes to building a bike?

I'll give you a helpful tip. Stop with this budget plan. It's pointless. What are you going to do when you need something like a stator? A brand new 50 dollar Ricky stator sounds like a hell if a deal over the 150 oem one from a 02. But you get what you pay for. So how is that gonna fit into your budget plan? I have a little under 3k into rebuilding my motor from scratch. Wanna know why?? Because I set a budget and did what I could to try and stay within the budget. Well 2 years later and about another 2k worth of misc. parts to try and solve some issues, I finally dropped off my motor to a builder, went through the chassis, and replaced damn near everything. Now after A LOT of work I have a amazing bike that is a fucking rocket. I wish I would of done it right the first time. I have a lot of high end parts that were useless because I was just band aiding the issues.

So do it right the first time. I know you said that your going to, but with a budget. It's not possible. Don't you find it weird that everyone is saying the same thing?

Why do you choose to fight everyone saying the same thing?

Welcome to the HQ my friend u will be criticized for all lot but it is most deff. Possible to build a nice trail bike for way less then 6 k

I know I've done it for less then 2 k lol a few times just watch the FS section on here hell there's a complete motor on there right now for 850 just keep your eyes open and if u have any questions on anything don't hesitate to ask my friend building your bike for allot of guys is more fun then riding it enjoy building it and learn everything u can make sure you read through this website there is more info on here then u will ever use but all good stuff to know

Hit me up if u need anything

Wes

no i already said i appreciate the advice. And i wasn't being a smart a$$ about it i was being honest. I just don't have money like y'all guys so like i said i wanna build it on a budget. Like buying some stuff one week some stuff another. I just don't have $4000 do drop into a bike as much as i would LOVE to. If i ha bank like that i would do a cub with alba shocks and some lone star suspension too ya know