4 mil question

Aaron109

you probably wouldnt notice any difference at all and for the money you would be spending it would be better to just buy a 4mm longrod crank 115 rods and getting domes cut for it but if u do that you will also want to have your cylinders ported to match up your port timings also u will need to run blaster pistons which start at 66mm

OR............

you could do a spacer plate found here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-ATV-Racing-BANSHEE-YFZ-350-STROKER-SPACER-PLATE-ALL-YEARS-4mm-race-engine-/181240219798?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a32c24896&vxp=mtr

to raise the cylinders up then there would be no porting required but you would still have to run the blaster style piston which is a 795 series wiseco piston kit found here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-66mm-080-4mm-4-Mil-Long-Rod-795-Wiseco-Pro-Lite-Pistons-Piston-Pair-Set-/251358138820?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a861cd1c4&vxp=mtr

most of the guys on here will tell you u should not run the spacer plate but it is an option

my opinion is also not to run the spacer plate get a coolhead and have a builder cut you some domes you will like it much better being able to change your domes out to play with your compression

hope this helps

wes

Everyone is so deadset on a new crank and making it a 4mill......

Nothing wrong with a nice 370 long rod motor.

Strip your stock crank down, put on the longer rods and replace your bearings with top quality new ones. You'll never be the victim of a Wang crank.

I know of 2 people that speak highly of the 370 long rod. 1 of them is in this thread, the other built my motor. I don't have the 370 motor. But he said a well set up one will be able to be pretty damn close to my 4 mil. And a few people have seen/rode my 4 mil or know of my builder.

LOL.......In that case, why not just keep your motor the same till it's so wore out that a tow strap is needed to start it?