Ported 450r very very close to beating me!

BAMF87

If your a duner, your original tires are way more fun to ride on for the 99.5% you're not launching off the line.  I have similar tires that I use (Sand Skate II's) and have a set of 21x12x8-8" Haulers I toss on for dragging.  The Haulers hook up 5x better than the v tires for sure but you can't do that "Dukes of Hazard" powersliding the v tires allow you to do.  So it's a trade off for sure.  I also have a set of Sand Stars on 9" wheels that I like a lot too... kind of an "in between" tire that if I could only have one, they would probably be it. 

I find I go back to the Sand Skates the most tho.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats great that your bike is 100%.  that means that only minor issues with it then.  like the dent in the pipe.   not many people know this or seem to care  dents in pipes really mess with the way they work.  not saying that yours are particularly bad....   and i am sometimes really busy..  so i dont get back to everyone every single time.  hell sometimes the dang messenger seems to "loose" messages for me..    i just personally treat my bikes and the bikes i build like ferrari's  if i wouldnt do it on something like that  i wont do it on these either.  its just SOOOOOOOO many tims i get the " my friends dyno tuned pro shop big buck built 4 stroke just smoked my banshee what the hell man"  and SOOOOOOOOOOO many times its a result of not doing a lot of things just right.    not trying to pick on you in particular  just what i have seen  time after time after time after time....  just the result of almost 20 years now of working on these things... 

well dang  just went through my entire messenger  didn't see anything from you? maybe i didn't get it or something else happend  belive me  if you were local  i'd say haul it over and lets put the best tune possible on it.

If your a duner, your original tires are way more fun to ride on for the 99.5% you're not launching off the line.

That's true for us dirt guys too. Either you want to 60' or slide the rear around.

You can just add a ton of power and catch him on top end. But that's an expensive option.

Camatv I understand on your end. The pipes came on the bike and I never really thought about changing them until I got ported and started really reading into it. When I get mine straightened out and ride the piss out of it I will eventually go 4mil and you will definitely get a call from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free