Need Help..

BansheeTeam

I recently did a complete rebuild on my 06 shee (first time to do so). Had the head milled 0.020" and got wiseco .25's (wish I had just gotten the stock OEM pistons x_x) anyways I allowed for the break-in and had'nt pinned the throttle until after 8 hours of riding smoothly. I rode her until around 13 hours before taking her for tuning. It was until after the carb tuning the bike performed better, so to test her out i took her on a nice straight road, pinned the throttle all the way till 6th and kept it at WOT for around 8 seconds and immediately when i let go of the throttle the bike shut off (without warning or bogging rpm just dropped and ---- she was) so I pulled the clutch kept it driving freely and dropped to the 4th gear let go of the clutch and she worked again no problems drove her back to my banshee buddy and he said that the engined might've been damaged possibly because your block wasn't bored right and that wisecos extend when getting hot and when that happened the blocked was tight and jammed the piston but because I let her cool a couple of seconds it let go and worked again. 

I was scared as hell to ride her again until my friend told me to take of the plugs to see if there was any trace of metals, that way we would know if there was any damage or not. So i did and thankfully there were not, instead they were on the edge of dark brownish, so he told me to put them back in start her up after she cooled all the way down. Both exhausts gave out same amount of air and she ran completely normal. I re-fueled her and mixed slightly more oil went riding the same day and even took someone behind me just incase she dies again but nothing she ran perfectly. 

Can someone please explain to me what's the problem and whether I should or should not be worried.

My friend who did the rebuild said that this is very likely to be a fuel issue and that I should probably rejet slightly richer and make sure the thing in the float bowl is straight... or something like that wasn't really clear to me.

MODS:

T5, Pod K&N's, VF3, + i'm not sure how much on the timing, 15/42 gearing, 300 main, stock 25 pilot, dynojet needle probably on the 3rd groove, motion pro T.O.R.S eliminator kit, moose boost bottle i intend to get rid of, and the wiseco's with the milled head "020

Thanks in advance

A lot of variables could come from your story. It could have seized. (in the '70's they did this style of seize on purpose to 'force' a tight fitting piston on race engines. They'd seize it, and then change out the rings, and run it for a race or two-then do it all over again).

You could have a low float setting and starved it for fuel.

Of course-jetting.

It's minuit, but when you add more oil, you displace that much fuel (jet flows at the same rate), which=more lean air/fuel ratio.

Pull your pipes and look at the side of the skirt for signs of galling-and go over your tune (float height, etc.)...