First banshee ever! What to do?

Is there much of a difference from the 87 and 96 banshee models? I may be picking up a almost complete 96 banshee for almost nothing. My plan would be to use the 96 frame and parts and use what i have to finish it. I didnt know if maybe the parts were different i know the 87-90 used j arms and the 91-06 use a arms and the frame has differenr gussets and stuff but is the motor and parts all the same? I think id be better off building from the 96 frame considering it comes with complete engine and complete roller just missing plastics, a few cables and such. Any ideas on this would be great. So far you guys have had alot of parience with me :) and i apreciate it.

Ya i definatly want to have that done for sure. Is there a complete bottom end kit as far as bearings and seals i can buy or do i have to buy every one individual? I want the whole bottom end redone. Bearings seals and all including the rod bearings. The 96 i might be getting has a complete motor so i will probably just have that one done

No i was gonna call monday. I actually gotta go up north and get the motor. I left it at my buddies cause i was only gonna do the motor work next spring but i kinda want to do it now since i have to build the roller around the motor. And i might be getting another banshee. Its a 96 which is more complete then my 87 and id rather have the newer model anyways but wont be able to get that for another few weeks or so.. AHHH wish money grew on trees lol

:-O MORE NORTH THAN VERMONT?!?!?!? :-) Yeah I'd go with the 96 for the a arms. Although you'll want to get some aftermarket arms and shocks eventually. That's the bad thing about a Banshee. Factory front end is SHIT. If ya do much jumping the stock shocks will either blow out or you'll break your arms. :-) Or both.

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but if you are looking for a little bit of power without breaking the bank and paying someone to port your motor and spend all kinds of money on cranks, stroker pistons, cut domes , and etc. I would highly suggest (since this is your first banshee) getting a set of vito's superstock pistons with a fresh bore, a shaved head, or aftermarket with a set of 19 or 20cc domes, and a good set of pipes like shearer, cpi, or rockets. Those little motors are reliable, fun as hell to play on, and pretty strong for what they are. There is definetly nothing wrong with going the 4mil route if you have the money, but if money is tight, i guarantee you will be satisfied with this setup, especially for your very first build.