Adjustable CDI Ignition Rev Box

BansheeTeam

Yoo guys I need to know more about this product. Is it Legit? Does it really help? I am looking for top end.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACKBOX-Adjustable-CDI-ECU-Ignition-Rev-Box-Yamaha-Banshee-350-97-98-99-00-01-/140790807541

I've seen other companies like Dynatek and AMR racing but thought this had a nice price tag to it and includes a one year warranty.

MODS:

Toomey T5, K&N Pods, VF3, Timing Advance, 300 mains, 15/42 gearing, Milled stock head .020", Wiseco .25 over and a Moose racing boost bottle that I plan on ditching  :flush:  Should I or not, I mean it does look cool lol.

Thanks Guys

Edited by BansheeTeam

Junk, case closed. The only box out with even marginal success is the dyna. Stick with the OEM and buy your self a nice billet adjustable timing plate instead.

I have a Trinity adjustable timing plate that i just put in, it has two adjusts to it instead of the usual single adjustable plates. What is the best degree to set them on? I think the secondary is set to 0 and the primary to +6  which I'm having a bad feeling about and worrying it might not be safe.. I need something safe while gaining the most bang. Also what should I have the secondary degree set to.

I'm not familiar with this can someone please explain what difference does it make advancing to +1 or all the way up to +10 or the other way round what are the benefits. From all the homework i've done I see that most riders are set to +4.

Thanks  :cheers:

+4, will be good bottom to mid, but it won't make the motor fight it self up top. The allure of the adjustable boxes is that you can wick up the timing for awesome bottom end-mid. Then as it comes in to the revs it actually starts to take timing out for easier over rev up top. Just a shame so many of the aftermarket stuff has reliability issues.