Mods on my 2000 4mil stroker Banshee

Thomas_S

Ok, one other question. After the rebuild for some reason my antifreeze starts to over flow when I start it up and then eventually stops ( I think after its empty) Should I buy a new head and head gasket soo everything is new on it ? Also my Idler gear has play in it and makes a knocking noise when I start it. I need a new bearing for it right or why does it wobble and when I move it it's loose ..??

I recommend getting the cylinders ported. FAST did mine... dune/play port. I now know why people talk so much about porting. If it runs good, just leave it be. Get the jetting dialed in for the elevation, and maybe put a cool head on with matching 4 mil domes. I don't know if you had that on there yet..... BTW.. I ride St. Helen often. I just built a 4 mil.... took about a year from blow up to on the trail again. What a difference. Did all the trans mods also.

• Like 1

How much does it cost to have my Cylinders ported and whats the difference between porting them and just having them re-honed because they are bored over 0.80 and were re-honed when the new pistons were put in.

How much does it cost to have my Cylinders ported and whats the difference between porting them and just having them re-honed because they are bored over 0.80 and were re-honed when the new pistons were put in.

Kevin(herjuggs), charged me about $350 for my 4mill dune/play port.. Having your cylinders honed, has nothing to do with porting. When you port you have the intakes,transfers,exhast etc opend up bigger, for more air/fuel. Im guessing why you only had them honed, is b/c 0.80 is it on your cylinders and cant be bored anymore! Im no fan of honing cylinders and running new pistons. I've never had much luck with that. Id look for some stock bore cylinders and have them bored & ported, not yours.

• Like 1