TRINITY 535 LEMON----- OPINIONS PLEASE.

bigred1977

Well i sure as shit hope this thing works out for you i would love to see vids of the bike tearing it up, its sure to be a beast when the bugs are worked out

.........as predicted. Sadly that Trinity history now has the whole machine stricken with a lethal form of 2-stroke V.D.

Hopefully you got a chance to fully inspect that crank. No way of knowing how much prior detonation it suffered thru with the last owner.

Since you fixed the dome flaw, you know every previous minute of run time was done under dangerously damaging conditions. Heavy detonation might be the original source of the crack.

When u get it the the right hands a 535 can be a good motor. Rebuild the crank asap. Destination is very hard on a crank.edare9er.jpg here is my dyno sheet. As u can see 97 HP was the Trinity build. After a well known builder got his hands on it u can see the difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by 10milmike

lol 2 storke vd, I hear you that!! yeah those numbers were initially what we were lead to believe were attainable with just installing the kit!!!in my case $11426 would be just a little closer..

yes the crack is in the trench area,why do you mention this?have you herd/seen of this before?

well am off into the work shop to grab the shittter, devcon will have had 18hrs to go off,.........gonna start her see how its looking and hit the beach, well that's the plan...........

whats the prediction today?

crank?

another piston?

another radiator?

gearbox?

shift drum?

output shaft?

main bearing o ring?

flywheel welded?

stator?

stator plate?

just a small list of the problems!!!! oh..... maybe another crack somewhere...

Edited by bigred1977

couldnt the pre-det have cause the crack in the case? sorry to hear you`ve blown so much $ with those trinity criminals, there is just a bottomless pit of new customers ready to get bent over by those cunts..

if the devcon doesnt hold up, id look into setting it up with a plate to keep it all together, if you`ve holed a piston i wouldn`t have  much faith in that crank now 

lol 2 storke vd, I hear you that!! yeah those numbers were initially what we were lead to believe were attainable with just installing the kit!!!in my case $11426 would be just a little closer..

yes the crack is in the trench area,why do you mention this?have you herd/seen of this before?

well am off into the work shop to grab the shittter, devcon will have had 18hrs to go off,.........gonna start her see how its looking and hit the beach, well that's the plan...........

whats the prediction today?

crank?

another piston?

another radiator?

gearbox?

shift drum?

output shaft?

main bearing o ring?

flywheel welded?

stator?

stator plate?

just a small list of the problems!!!! oh..... maybe another crack somewhere...

Hope the plan ^^^ also includes an actual leakdown test. WOT down a beach WILL work as a leakdown test....but it's not advisable.  :evil:

Otherwise the results will be closer to shampoo directions "wash, rinse, repeat". 

Wash- glowing pistons with coolant

Rinse- metal shavings out of bottom end and rebuild top end

Repeat- experiment by throwing leg over bike and hope it doesn't eat $350 worth of pistons in less than 350 yards.

At least set up a camera and film it.........you might end up making $10,000 from a home video show. That might offset some of the costs your Trinity education will run you.    :jesterlaugh:

Hope the plan ^^^ also includes an actual leakdown test.

Agreed. If it won't pass leakdown, there's no point in even taking it out of the shop.

It just amazes me that people think they don't need to do a leakdown test.

A leakdown test should be done any time 1 of the following applies.

You just bought the bike.

You just built the motor.

You just had ANY part of the top end apart.

You have an unexplained bad running condition, even though the jetting should be right.

The bike runs really good with 380 jets in it.

You just blew up the motor and are about to open it up. (Unless there is an obvious rod hanging out the bottom)