Best oils?

TroyBrock

I just bought a banshee and I'm going to replace all the fluids in it. I was wondering what oil I should use in the case? what oil and how much should I mix with 93? it's a stock 1987 banshee and what coolant should I use? I might also bleed the brake lines too so what's the best performing brake fluid?

Case oil -  10w40  or Automatic Transmission Fluid

mix ratio - 32:1 or 40:1 (if your using a quality synthetic, most people will say either Klotz Supertechniplate or Maxima 927)

radiator -  75% distilled water, 25% antifreeze

brake fluid - anything dot 3 or above

• Like 1

fuck atf.

if your "budget minded"

castrol 4t motorcycle oil

walmart brand outboard tcw3 certified 32-1 in the oil

ONLY dot 3 brake fluid from a fresh container ( it absorbs water) 

distilled water and /or 50/50 green antifreeze.

great combo right there.  total would be about 35.00  and thats with a gallon of mix oil. 

My favorite is Klotz flex drive, and Klotz super techniplate @ 40:1. 50/50 green antifreeze.

It is a little pricey and there are some more budget minded combos that will definitely work as well. Just my personal preference. I used to run 927...but the Klotz seems a little cleaner burning to me.

fuck atf.

if your "budget minded"

castrol 4t motorcycle oil

walmart brand outboard tcw3 certified 32-1 in the oil

ONLY dot 3 brake fluid from a fresh container ( it absorbs water)

distilled water and /or 50/50 green antifreeze.

great combo right there. total would be about 35.00 and thats with a gallon of mix oil.

Fuck ATF??? ATF works just fine. That all we run out here. That's right Oklahoma has the fastest shit. I forgot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

when i "tried" the atf route.  on the dunes the shit would turn black in one day, the clutch would heat up and grab off the line,  i was always adjusting the clutch freeplay also.

went to 4.99 a quart 4t NONE of those issues have come back.  and the bike shifts better.  i barely have to adjust the free play when i'm dragging.  and the clutch heat is much less.

it dosn't matter where you live  its just what i run now from experience.  if you want to run atf  so be it.  i wont. that up there is why.  no argument from me

klotz flexdrive and klotx super tech IS a bad ass combo.

i ran 927 in my pv cheeta and after a few weekends i had to start pulling my pv's out because they would stick  i switched to klotz  havnet had to touch them at all.  it is deff a lot cleaner burning oil