06 banshee wanting to shut off when turning?

hughmyron

Hey guys just bought an 06 SE off my buddy and the bike ran great last night, but today for some reason its been acting up and it wants to shut off when im turning. The bike is bone stock besides T6 pipes. Yesterday it was idling just fine it could stay there and idle without an issue but today its having a bit of an issue staying on. It turns on first kick but its just been giving me these issues. Anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Hey guys just bought an 06 SE off my buddy and the bike ran great last night, but today for some reason its been acting up and it wants to shut off when im turning. The bike is bone stock besides T6 pipes. Yesterday it was idling just fine it could stay there and idle without an issue but today its having a bit of an issue staying on. It turns on first kick but its just been giving me these issues. Anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Well first off how much gas is in it and you say it stalls out when turning is that at any speed or only high speeds and is it a sudden shut off or gradual and does it still have the tors boxes on it ?

Well first off how much gas is in it and you say it stalls out when turning is that at any speed or only high speeds and is it a sudden shut off or gradual and does it still have the tors boxes on it ?

Yes it still has the tors box's and its only at a very low MPH that it does it. The ignition on it is rigged since he lost the key, but he gave me a brand new ignition and key for it. Also noticed on decel while my dad was riding it it pops and back fires. Going to get some new gas and yamalube, and plugs tommorow see if it clears up.

Yes it still has the tors box's and its only at a very low MPH that it does it. The ignition on it is rigged since he lost the key, but he gave me a brand new ignition and key for it. Also noticed on decel while my dad was riding it it pops and back fires. Going to get some new gas and yamalube, and plugs tommorow see if it clears up.

I just wondered if the ignition wires are grounding out when you turn due to it being rigged I'd make sure thats not whats happening however the best thing you can do is get rid of those Tors boxes all together and put a tors elimination kit on it as they are known for issues .If it's been sitting a while and hasnt been ridden you may need to clean those carbs too

Here's a good link to help ya out for TORS removal    http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135591

Here's a kit for the mod from F.A.S.T.            http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=123

I just wondered if the ignition wires are grounding out when you turn due to it being rigged I'd make sure thats not whats happening however the best thing you can do is get rid of those Tors boxes all together and put a tors elimination kit on it as they are known for issues .If it's been sitting a while and hasnt been ridden you may need to clean those carbs too

I plan on doing the tors eliminator, thats what i was thinking. Im going to put in the K&N the new ignition key, premix, and new plugs. Thanks for chiming in i have to dig in there its been bugging me all day since it ran like a dream yesterday :(

yeah it can be aggravating if you end up going into the carbs just pay attention to which carb slide comes out of which carb and mark the carbs so you dont mix up the sides and the float bowls need to stay with the proper carb

sometimes cables are leaning against the coil and moving it when you turn.

sounds like its grounding out from the rigged ignition

Thanks for chimeing in guys, did all the "maintenance" i said i would today, switched to castor premix and all and the bike still did the same thing. Im pretty sure its a dirty carb issue. Bike runs great, it only "dies" when you blip the throttle very very slightly like if it starved for fuel then when you give it more gas it runs just fine. Ill report back with more info when i dig into it soon. Thanks again!