Handle bar setup's looking for inspiration

Dlatch

My Banshee runs stock bar setup except some pretty knackered old renthals so my winter project will be a complete tidy up and strip out all the useless crap 

So on the bars i will just run a tether kill switch and no light switch gear the idea is to simplify as much as possible but looking at the various bars there are so many different options i am confused at what to get. my first idea were Fatbar conversion clamp and either pro tapers or renthals with the bar pad.

so current plan is 

pro tapers or renthals with the bar pad 

Fatbar clamp to fit above bars 

New clutch lever (suggestions?)

matching front brake lever that will fit the original master 

Remove all wiring going to bars apart from a kill switch and brake light switch and remove handbrake wiring and cable

Any pic's of your setup's would be really helpful i only use the banshee on MX tracks as that is pretty much the only place you can over here in the UK 

cheers

duncan

Asv levers are your best bet for aftermarket, it'll swap out your parking break system and still retain your stock master cylinder with the brake sensor.

I used to run Carmichael bend rental fat bars on my mx bikes which were nice, you would need a riser/clamp for the fat bars though.

Where abouts are you going to riding?

Hey glen 

taken the banshee to whaddon mx and ashdown farm so far but always open to suggestions of tracks to visit i live in south hertfordshire 

I have a fatbar clamp on order already and weirdly was looking at the Carmichael bend renthals and they looked about perfect but i will prob be best to wait until i get the clamps on there and see how high it is going to sit,  

current mods done so far are +2 +1 lonestar A=arms and Elka shocks which have made a huge difference over stock bike also has FMF fatties but i want to swap them out for a set of the DMC 916 soon 

The Carmichael bend, bend inwards towards you. They're a little different from the traditional straighter bends, they felt a bit odd to me at first but soon prefered them.

I'm out of the mx scene now as I can't really afford the injuries as I liked to go big on the jumps and always pushed myself as if i was in a race! so i thought id just walk away. I've still got a midi though that a ride along with my son.

Those two tracks you mentioned are look like quite fast open tracks which must be a blast on the shee, I was tempted to take the quad to ashdown farm before as I always used to see it by the side of the motorway.

I think you can ride at some of the enduroland events on a quad though, they have roughly 1 a month over various venues in the south. I'm not too sure but you may also be able to ride action park which is by me, might be worth a phone call as its a fairly easy going track.

I was the only quad at ashdown when i went i don't think many go. the valley section is great fun and the vid really does not do it justice long drag up the hill is a great jump spot if your brave the guys on the bikes were going very far i was flat in fourth up the hill in my vid (excuse dusty footage at the start lol)  

but the woods section is bumpy as hell there is a smooth line but only if your on two wheels lol, i only ride for fun so don't really go mad, whaddon is a pretty good track but needs better maintenance but the actual layout is fun to ride on the banshee or my pitbike great kids track up there as well  

will try and get a set of them bars worst case scenario they can go on the pitbike  ;)

Edited by Dlatch
  • Like 1

I did think the woods section was more sorted to solo from videos I'd seen, it just seemed to follow a rut. But from your vid I can see your arms took a bashing from that hard pack, kind of reminds me of Joyce green, that place was like riding on a dusty road.

Funny enough I put a set of mx bars on my old xsport, was quite funny as I spent most of the time smashing my knees! Lol I took them off and fitted Hoffman bmx bars, my midi has pro tapers which are nice

if you plan on riding tracks check out the fasst flexx bars. they really help with absorbing impact on big jumps and whoops. Charmicael bends are pretty low for a quad. I run them but i have a higher stem on my ltr. I also run whindham bend on the quad. I grew up racing dirt bikes so i like the lower bars.

Why u riding so SLOW?

Because the vid does not really show what the terrain is really like plus it was my first time there and i am a novice banshee owner and all round wuss   ^_^

ATVgalaxy

yeah the banshee is my first quad so i think i may like the lower bars i will try them first as i want a set for my pitbike anyway so won't be a wasted buy if they don't work out on the banshee :clap:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My current setup. Sorry for the shitty pics. But I didn't want to roll it out of the garage. Pro-taper 1 1/8 bars. CR High bend. I just went through this same problem. I had no clue what I wanted so I just said screw it and tried something. The cr high bend is the same bend as an "atv low" according to RMATVMC. They were to low for my liking so I just rolled them up a little bit. Got rid of all BS on the bars and just ran what I needed. I'm real happy with the ODI grips also. I hope this helps

• Like 1