Leaking Oil

smokin350

ok i have 2 questions first i put my new clutch in and there were these o-ring cushions that seperated each friction &clutch plate when i put them in with the new clutch thwe clutch would'nt fit so i took them out and it fit i was wondering if this is ok its a barnnet dirt racer clutch

2 i put a new gasket on and it is leaking oil from the third screw on the bottom left the one all the way to the left before u start going around the bend of case thanks any help appreciated

yes you have to take the cushions out. so you are fine there. if you are leaking oil in that spot u might have twisted the gasket puttin it on. id say the only way to check would be to take the side case off. but thats gonna require you to drain the oil. better to check than have no oil.

tyler

My bike leaks oil from almost the same spot. You probably got the gasket a little crooked in there. it happened to me when I put the cover on the first time. And then it got messed up. And i never got a new one. So, it leaks when I ride it and the oil gets stirred up. I will fix it over the winter when I pull the motor. But, I would drain the oil and coolant, and pull the coverand check the gasket. if it is kinked, and not useable, go to the parts store, and get some RTV silicone. Works like a champ...