421 cub vs 770 raptor

baxterl7333

I was just wondering how will I stack up against my friends 770 raptor before my bike is complete. I have a 01' banshee with new 421 cub stage 2 port, cool head w/ 22cc domes, 34mm pj carbs, +6 swingarm, vf3's, an lowered. He has a 105mm bore with +5 crank, +6 swingarm, power commander, auto tune, motorcycle tb( same size just 2 injectors). That's all I know of. What will be the outcome if both on pump gas an same riding experience? An what gearing should I use on 300ft strip with 20" paddles?

Not enough specs on the Raptor to give a good answer. Stock cam and head? I've seen 770's from 60hp all the way up to 100hp naturally aspirated.

Assuming every mod he has is listed, and both are set up perfectly, you should beat him.

Radar, can you elaborate on why the 20 inch tires are a problem?  what if he compensated with gearing?  I see people run 22 inch tires on many drags builds... what is it about the extra two inches if gearing is optimized for your hill/engine combo?

I was just wondering how will I stack up against my friends 770 raptor before my bike is complete. I have a 01' banshee with new 421 cub stage 2 port, cool head w/ 22cc domes, 34mm pj carbs, +6 swingarm, vf3's, an lowered. He has a 105mm bore with +5 crank, +6 swingarm, power commander, auto tune, motorcycle tb( same size just 2 injectors). That's all I know of. What will be the outcome if both on pump gas an same riding experience? An what gearing should I use on 300ft strip with 20" paddles?

Your going to loose and no matter how much coin you drop, he's always going to come out on top.

Explain 5150banshee

He said 20" tires and a +6 swingarm will lose the race I can understand the tires having a roll in the race and out come but why does the +6 swinger add or take away from performance I know the obvious about the swinger cause I have a +6 but was curious how it affected performance in his eyes or comment.

Sent using Tapatalk

What makes u so sure windcity? Must be a raptor fan

I don't know you.......but the question itself sounds like you need assurances.

Sounds like your looking to take on the Alfa male in your group.

I'll put my money on the Raptor owner. (Unless he's over on RaptorHQ asking everyone if you can beat him) LOL

Just line them up and race. The bike means nothing if the jockey can't bring it.

My buddy Bill grabbed a stock 09 YFZ 450 and raced "Frankthetank" who has a piped Banshee and beat him by a bike. Then they switched bikes and Bill beat him by a bike with the Banshee.

Lesson =Jockey > HP

Not always....but more often then you think.

Go race. Good luck. Let us know how it plays out.