First Banshee Build Questions/Suggestions.

SeanC7

No you have to start over. IMO you should go with a 4 mil 421 serval or cub depending on what you want more out of the motor. I went from a stock bolt on bike to a 4 mil ported stock cylinder bike. It had alot more power everywhere compared to a stock motor with pipes Ect. However I grew out of it kind of fast and wanted more power.i currently have a 10mil 611cc bike. The more $ you dish out the more hp and torque uthe motor will make.

I'd call Kevin and tell him exactly what you want and what you may want in the future. He will set you up with whatever will suite your needs. He a super friendly guy and has actually come toy house before a desert trip to tune my bike (I'm local). No other builder will give you that kind of support and feedback. I think your biggest question now should be what builder to go with. Kevin is very good at doing budget builds without taking short cuts and his builds out perform any competition cc for cc. Search HJR on this forum and you'll like what you find.

What do you mean by start over? Buy new juggs? Ill research Kevin and see what I come up with, like I said lots of decisions just trying to figure out the best one. The reason why i want to start stock is so i can feel the addition of power over time, like actually feel every upgrade doing its job.

I'd call Kevin and tell him exactly what you want and what you may want in the future. He will set you up with whatever will suite your needs. He a super friendly guy and has actually come toy house before a desert trip to tune my bike (I'm local). No other builder will give you that kind of support and feedback. I think your biggest question now should be what builder to go with. Kevin is very good at doing budget builds without taking short cuts and his builds out perform any competition cc for cc. Search HJR on this forum and you'll like what you find.

Although i agree HJR is great to deal with and i would have NO problems using him at any time, i think you are stretching it a bit.

( Especially the "outperforms  ANY competition CC for CC" part,,that's a bold statement)

My suggestion is for the O.P. to call 2-3 builders and see who HE clicks with and who fits HIS needs. We a several builders on here that produce great power and great turnaround times,who are very helpful and will go out of their way to help you. 

Most important  >>> Have fun with your build!!

Although i agree HJR is great to deal with and i would have NO problems using him at any time, i think you are stretching it a bit.

( Especially the "outperforms ANY competition CC for CC" part,,that's a bold statement)

My suggestion is for the O.P. to call 2-3 builders and see who HE clicks with and who fits HIS needs. We a several builders on here that produce great power and great turnaround times,who are very helpful and will go out of their way to help you.

Most important >>> Have fun with your build!!

Bold statement agreed! Everyone has their favorite. I've never gone wrong with Kevin's builds and I stand by his professionalism and work 100%.

Im going to investigate everyone I can, how much do the sponsers usually charge for port jobs, etc.?

Usually depends on the amount of work they have to put into the cyls to achieve what you are after . Id say it averages between 200-350-ish though. Some also give a price break if you are buying everything you are going to need at one time ( which i recommend) .

Also, don't simply base your opinion on what you see on their websites, actually call them when you are ready.

A 4mil ported stock cylinder motor is a beast compared to a stock stroke motor... 60-70 hp in a play bike is FUN as hell! The 4mil was a night and day difference from my stockish motor with bolt ons... I'm going to run my 4mil ported stock cylinder set-up until it's time for a top end, then I'm going 4mil Serval.... The nice part about that swap is the lower end is already a 4mil so the Serval will just be bolt on! Good luck with your build!

Ya ill just cut corners and calll them, and zilla your teasing me right now Im a long way from that lol. Right now i ran into a speedbump concerning my front shocks and wishbone. Im trying to find out exactly what components (bearings, bushings, needle bearings) go into it because the ones i bought were missing them lol. Sucks.