Stock banshee best bang for the buck mods yet relaible

I have a 2004 Banshee my only mods are Toomey T6 pipes / jet kit  ,Duncan pyramid reeds ,Toomey 2/1 air filter , and a chassis skid plate .I want to keep it "fairly" stock and reliable .What are the best mods I can do to accomplish this ? I am considering an adjustable timing plate and heads what would you suggest w/o breaking the bank or the banshee would be my best bang for the buck and wake it up a bit yet keep it reliable ?

Boost bottle

I am surprised at that reponse as I was told that should be the first thing to "Remove" from the quad as they cause issues with the intake boots due to vibration and may actually cause a loss in power .I have since removed that and replaced it with a crossover tube

He's fucking with you.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL damit kinda thought so but didnt wanna be a dick since I thought he was trying to help and maybe didnt know any better 3000 post dont = intelligence

wtf is a chassis ride plate

Really ? a skid plate man wtf you guys are just a bunch of ball breakers or is there anyone on here that will actually help somebody and share some good knowledge ?

Just try reading through all the info on here. Depending on who you talk to you will get different answers. It also depends on where your riding. Is it dunes, trails, track, asphalt, drags?

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read a bit and your right it depends who ya ask trouble I find is a lot of insane quads on here not to many stockers like mine it seems  .I mostly trail ride my Banshee and occasional sand pits  .I have spoken to a few good vendors particuarly Wildcard racing was real helpful in the past as was Vitos . I'll probably give both them a call and see what they can help me out with or reccomend .I am thinking cyl heads , and the timing plate so far but just wanted some input from more experienced members .

Porting is the best bang for the buck. And you have a long way before it truly becomes unreliable.

Who would you recomend for porting ? whats a mild porting cost ? and thanks for some good info .

Damn here I was thinking I was helping....

I think those pipes are designed for a stock port bike? But you could prob ditch those and step up your game with a better set. Some better reeds (vforce maybe). Maybe a lil bigger carb (28s are as big as if go before you do any porting). Not sure if Vito's still sells the Super Stock pistons? They have the relief at the exhaust port. Kinda mimicks a cheapo port job for less money. Timing plate if not ready stated. Maybe tweek your gearing depending on where you're at. Of course a port job. Skies the limit. You could get a small Serval cylinder and bolt it on. That'd boost ya up pretty good. That should keep ya busy for a while searching all that. Don't come back askin 3 zillions more questions till ya do. Ill have to leave more smart ass comments if ya do. Then it'll snowball and turn into a train wreck. You don't want that.

• Like 1

Damn here I was thinking I was helping....

I think those pipes are designed for a stock port bike? But you could prob ditch those and step up your game with a better set. Some better reeds (vforce maybe). Maybe a lil bigger carb (28s are as big as if go before you do any porting). Not sure if Vito's still sells the Super Stock pistons? They have the relief at the exhaust port. Kinda mimicks a cheapo port job for less money. Timing plate if not ready stated. Maybe tweek your gearing depending on where you're at. Of course a port job. Skies the limit. You could get a small Serval cylinder and bolt it on. That'd boost ya up pretty good. That should keep ya busy for a while searching all that. Don't come back askin 3 zillions more questions till ya do. Ill have to leave more smart ass comments if ya do. Then it'll snowball and turn into a train wreck. You don't want that.

The pipes were on it when I bought it and from what I have read they are best suited for a stock banshee .I am not trying to tear into the engine to much just yet as I don't want a bunch of downtime during riding season. I may tear into this winter jan/ feb and send it to have port work done or look into bolt on serval cylinders like you suggested I'm very busy in the summer months and don't have a lot of free time to work on this thing rather do minor stuff now and ride  .I guess it looks like the timing plate mod for now .Thanks for the advice and man tough crowd tough crowd some days on here thanks though for sparing me the train wreck and for the advice .

Timing plate +4 is a good cheap mod definately... Make sure u get the flywheel puller too and a strap wrench to hold the flywheel or the other freakin tool that looks like a pressure plier... Check youtube, i did mine myself last week...

I wonder if there is a "better" quality brand as I see there are several companies that make em any suggestions on a good brand ? .I will get the flywheel puller hell they are only like 10-15 bucks and that's probably well spent rather than screw something up .