Got a Banshee

I say hold off on taking it to the stealership. Your going to pay out the A$$ to have it rebuilt. Buy yourself a clymers manual check it over and see about tackling it yourself. These motors are very very simple even for noobs. Take your time and browse through it and go for it. Great way to learn.

What all are they doing, just a complete re-build, did you tell them what happened. I say theres an air leak somewhere and it got worse an worse as you were riding and finally she leaned out and went boom. Make sure they inspect the bottom end to and don't just put a new top end in it. There WILL be pieces in the bottom end from the piston.

You in too big a rush to even listen to suggestions.....

You admit you have a lot to learn....but at your pace all your going to learn is how to piss away cash quickly on stuff that will only depreciate.

Plenty of members here could be and would be mentors for you in this hobby.....really help you make good choices with your cash for the long haul. But my 43 years have tought me it's easy to talk to a young guy with his mind made up.....it's just nearly impossible for him to hear me......

Good luck in a year or two when you find yourself doing CPR on your wallet.

Either way, Thank You for choosing to serve.

Its what I have allways wanted to do. Id say your right no need to rush in and spend more money then I need to. After I get it rebuilt this time any thing that breaks i'm going to learn how fix it my self. That's what my step dad always told me the only way to learn is to do it your self.