Reed valves, need some clarity

I know this is a banshee forum, but my wife's blaster shit the bed (of course 17 miles out) and when I check it there's almost full compression coming back out through the carb. The reeds visibly look decent no petals missing but there shouldn't be compression that low anyways right? I feel dumb right now I know reeds are 1 way valves but don't think there meant to hold 100 plus psi? Anyone's thoughts? Possibly a ring went?

Ps if I'm a moron and thinking completely wrong feel free to let me know

Well, that depends on a few things. "Shit the bed" is not exactly a technical term. Did it seize up or just quit running? Is the spark plug smashed over? Do a compression check. I don't know how you're checking compression at the reeds, but I'm sure however you're doing it, it's meaningless. Blasters are famous for 2 things. Breaking pistons and the source coil going out on the stator. If you pull the pipe and look in the exhaust port and can see the connecting rod, that's bad. Resistance test on the stator will tell you it's bad, if it's out of spec. It probably won't be completely open or shorted, just way out of spec. If so, buy a new OEM source coil and solder it in.

it just quit running, I have good spark, key is good on the flywheel (my initial thought a sheared key). Compression is 119, and the plug gets wet so I think its getting gas. I checked the air coming back out of the reeds because it sounded funny kicking it over, like really loud under the seat, so I pulled the carb and put my hand over the carb boot and it will blow my hand off (that of putting your thumb over the spark plug hole). Everything seems good my only other options and correct me if im wrong, would be either a bent crank, causing the intake and transfer ports to be closed when there supposed to be open, or a clogged transfer port?  

"either a bent crank, causing the intake and transfer ports to be closed when there supposed to be open, or a clogged transfer port?"

No. it's not going to be any of that.

If it were me, I would do a leakdown test, just so you know if the crank seals and base gasket are OK, and then pull the reeds and inspect them. I'm betting you find broken reeds. If they look OK, then pull the pipe and inspect the piston as much as you can see on the intake and exhaust side.

Or maybe it's like that one guy on here. "I found a rock wedged in my reeds. What do you think?"

thank you all for the responses, pulled the reed cage and one of the pedals was lifted a decent amount. I guess thats not helping, also pulled head and jug everything measures in spec. Gonna get a new reed cage it because 1 of the screws appears to have been replaced and stripped out the threads, and new gasket set and go from there