crankcase vacuum

there is a vacuum line coming from clutch going to the crankcase: it has a y in it before it goes to the crank. the hose coming of the y goes where, and if know where is it suppose to be capped or do i need to worry about debris getting in it.  i guess i dont understand its purpose

there is a vacuum line coming from clutch going to the crankcase

i guess i dont understand its purpose

They aren't vacuum lines. They only vent the trans. I'd think that when the fluids get hot they expand. Those vents are just there to keep from blowing seals out from pressurizing the cases. If you ride alot of wet nasty stuff I'd keep em and route them up high to keep water and crap out of the trans. If you don't get real dirty I'd keep them just long enough that the fluid won't run out on funky off camber situations.

The one in the clutch cover can be blocked off... The one from the rear of the case can be cut short and pointed down with the carb vent lines... Someone makes a billet block off plate for the one on the clutch cover behind the water pump outer cover....

The one in the clutch cover can be blocked off... . Someone makes a billet block off plate for the one on the clutch cover behind the water pump outer cover....

The best $10 you can spend on a Banshee.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-Clutch-Cover-Vent-Block-off-Plate-/110747369144?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c90ebeb8&vxp=mtr