removeable 6 pack rack

Mot is a 45min yearly check to see everything is road worthy on a vehicle, every vehicle over 3 years old has to get one.

Plg ( private light goods) is the category of the vehicle, this category is for cars, which quads are classed as in the uk. No motorcycle license required.

Let us know how that works out, agg vehicles are supposed to be fitted with a seatbelt and roll cage by new laws coming into place. You'll also need stock pipes as toomeys don't have Yamaha stamp.

http://www.quadtech.co.uk/

Where are you based?

here in the UK you can do it 2 ways-  agricultural is obviously aimed at farmers to access their land- no mods needed to a stock shee but can only travel about 3 miles from registered property. PLG makes the quad classed as a car- the only con is car level road tax, pros i can ride anywhere even up the freeway/motorway and like Glenboy said dont need to do a seperate bike licence as its classed as a car. you can take a stock banshee and make it straight to PLG but it is very expensive. loop hole- make it agricultural- fit the road kit- indicators, horn etc  and get the Agri registered bike MOT'd and then change class to PLG with the DVLA/DMV. im having mine fitted with a battery like the RD350 so it gets charged by the stator- you could get by without the battery but you need to have the hazards workable should you break down hence the need for a battery for the MOT.

i do have a stock exhaust but this won't be a problem- the guy who owns the classic shop is mates with the MOT center guy =  job done

Glenboy cheers for the link- i think i have it all covered and im confident they know what theyre doing since they race and restore classic cars.

im in kent- not far from u- where do you ride?

yeah they look cool but i don't have £$£ to burn! i live just in the countryside but can get to the center of London in about an hour at traffic pace- im thinking blast bys past Buckingham palace, Harrods, over Tower bridge, through Hyde park just for the novelty factor!

im pissing my pants with excitement right now :banana:

I'm just across the river on canvey island. I'm riding mine nowhere at the moment, I've got my front end apart as im changing the a arm bushes. I've done all the plg bits, I've just got a different hazard kit that I want to fit.

Is it easier to msva an agg quad, if so I may try that route with mine. I think the worst part is you have to insure the bike to register it, I'd imagine a shop could use they're trade plates.

my first banshee was Agri registered, got through a shop which did have to insure it to do it. this place doing mine now have done many more utility quads like brand new yamaha grizzlys etc- they have done 1 banshee 5 odd years ago. they used to make these straight to plg but through their  experience with MSVA they now do all their bikes how they are doing mine unless you insist its MSVA'd. theyve had mine about a month now so should be done soonish. I even saw their fully plg'd raptor 250 with no probs and use it to buy lunch!

maybe you could pay a shop to Agri register it should only be bout £200-300- fit the road kit and get it MOT'd yourself and then send the Agri V5 and MOT Doc to DVLA and they swap tax class to PLG for about £40

ill post up how i get on

• 4 months later...