2 Stroke Vs 4 Stroke

2 stroke vs 4 stroke what do u like better and y?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 srokes sound better, and the banshee just screams, their easier to work on but

4 strokes have their place I sold my 94 300ex to get my banshee it was better for

exploring and making new trails and just sitting back and cruising around on. wish I had both maybe I'll get a thumper someday but I SHURE IN HELL wouldnt get rid of my banshee when shee's on pipe it sounds better than a GSXR (in my opinion)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go that far. I can take a drag car and make make a good 8-10 nitrous passes and it be due for a rebuild, this same with atvs. I have heard of shees from 1989 that still run around without a rebuild (given slow). Longevity of a engine is a function of the driver. I can pound any four stroke into need of rebuild in a good year just as a 2 stroke. As far as cost, you can rebuild the top end 2-3 times on what it takes to go through the entire four stroke once. Sure, when you get a two stroke, you pay for what you get, high revs, high power. The cost, maintanence. Would you pay a small fee knowing that your quad was the best onthe track before you got there?

2-stroke KX500 3600$

2-stroke shees 4000$

Tossing mud on 4-strokes as I pass.......Priceless

i think the main reason y two strokes blow up faster is cuz they have the mad acceleration, n for that people jump on the gas wit em n it makes em wear faster, four strokes dont really got the hard hittin accel so they r mostly used for trail quads cuz they dont really spin the tires or nothing, i would have to say 2 stroke, i love my shee for trails n drags, for wheelies i would rather have my blaster, the banshee is to long, i can still wheelie on it but i usually stand it up or the wheelies aint that long, the blaster i can pull wheelies for a while, n on a fourstroke its no comparison, they got more torque, i can pull wheelies on my neighbors 300 all the way down my street, i still say 2 stroke tho, l8r

sure, the new yzf and the new honda are going to be killer quads on the trails.......but all I have to say is 250R. It's a killer in the trails. It's all about how you build a quad. My shee is completely built for riding on trails and once I get my -swingarm it'll turn, tear, and rip harder than it does already. I've thought about just leaving it stock and saving up for an aftermarket rolling chassis and throwing my shee engine in it, but I couldnt wait....maybe one of these days. A banshee engine in an aftermarket chassis setup must be a killer setup. Mine will keep up with any modded 4stroke in the trails basically as it is, and if I find an open straightaway it'll rip a 4stroke a new asshole.

You just need to build a quad for its purpose. With a shee it takes a lot of work to build it towards trailriding or mx because it was made more for open area riding (dunes), but look at the 250R.....its a 2stroke......and whats dominated basically every class, and what setup do aftermarket frame companies design after?

The new 4strokes rev out faster, and rev higher than they used to, but pound for pound you'll never be able to create more power out of a 4stroke than a 2stroke.

2 strokes get a pretty bad rap in my opinon as far as longevity. But think of how hard they get pushed, it amazing! If you could turn these rpm's with a four stroke it wouldn't last any longer. Just look at outboard boat motors, they run on the conservative side and last 20+ years pushing a pontoon! I'll agree that four stroke power is getting better, but I'll likely be too old to care by the time they achieve 2 stroke fun! They both have their niche.

i love my banshee dont get me wrong its insane powerband through you off the bike if you arent holding on but its almost too much power for the desert the BAM power is all wheel spin but my xr 650r in the desert is a nice smooth powerband and can hit full throtle off the start and never look back. the 450's and 500's are picking the rocks out of the radiators and chest protectors, and crying when they finaly get back to the truck and i have already taken my gear off. so i am torn 2 stroke for the sand but 4 stroke for the desert and tracks. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: