Another might buy a banshee question

Ok well I didn't buy the last one because the guy was pretty shady. Well I found another one for $1600 and it is a 2000. Looks really nice. the only thing is he won't let me do a compression test because he said a guy did one on his boat and cross threaded it. So I can somewhat understand. He did say i can take it for a test ride. is there anyway to check the motor condition without doing a compression check? this will be my first banshee.

Thanks

Offer 1200 for it. He probably done pissed a few off by saying that. You can do a top end for 400 and know what you got.

Find a bike that has at least twice as much worth of aftermarket goodies as the selling price of the whole bike. Then, essentially the bike is free. Even if it needs a complete motor  build, you're still ahead. I've done it 3 times. All with titles. One of the times, I sent my fiance to go buy it. I gave her the cash and the ratchet straps. I told her if it looks clean, the chromes not rusty, and it runs, buy it. She came back with a sweet alcohol drag bike for $2200.

^ I agree, if you go check it out and ride it and if it runs strong buy it, you cant go wrong with that price. Take it home and go through it, a lot of guys are saying what ifs, well what if you get it home and it has perfect comp. You got a sweet deal. Buy it.

X2

• 2 weeks later...