Need help jetting

pjhyatt24

Ok so I am a new banshee owner. Motor is stock with FMF pipes and silencers, K&N with outer wears no air box. I went to the dunes the other day and the rubber exhaust clamps started smoking, I stopped and cooled them off went back to parking lot and they were loose so tightened them up, found a few holes in them. Later went on a ride and tried to climb a few hills but kept loosing power and would bog down, could the crappy exhaust clamps be causing this or would it be the jets. Bike ran fine on flat ground. The main jet is 310 and the pilot is a 25? Please help if you can. Thanks

like stated above big elevation differance will effect jetting. first thing is go over the motor and make sure you have zero air leaks. once you know you are air tight then with your current jetting perform a plug chop to make sure your main jet is in the ball park. if i were you id bump up the pilot to 27.5 or even a 30. your bogging issue could of came from a rich condition or a lean condition. you just have to spend the time tuning the bike to know what is causing your problem. poor jetting will be noticed more the harder the motor is loaded so that is the reason your problem was more noticed on the hills and not the flats. also if you were in and out of the throttle on the hills your needle postion would play a big role in this as well. if your needle postion is too lean and your backing in and out of the throttle that would cause a bogg. usually if the bike sounds like it whats to shut off, it is caused by a lean condition somewhere in the jetting currect. if the bike is breaking up its usually a rich condition. hope this makes sense?

Thank you both for the insight. Yes it makes since now. I was able to bump up the pilot to a 30, got my pipes and silencers fixed up. Now it fires on first kick, sounds great but when trying to rev it up it will bog down, I havnt tried to take it on a test run yet still have sand tires on it, the plugs are fairly new could they be fouled already?

i would first make a leak down tester to ensure you have no big air leaks! if the motor is all sealed up then it sounds to me you could be way lean on your needle position. find out what clip position your currently in and then lower the clip 2 notches and try that. but in all honesty it sounds like an air leak. another thing to inspect are the reed peddles. a broken,cacked or just worn out reed will cause the symtoms your discribing