Bros Building Banshee motor assembly advice

Yeah its rough but happy wife happy life ya know! I have 3 other quads one of which we call hers ;-) but take into account she let my have the custom harley sportster and my lifted z71 tahoe she totally worth keeping around not to mention I'm an avid deer and turkey hunter and when I get time I fish which she loves so easy...well, EASIER to buy tackle lol this project on the other hand is fully outta my pocket and pretty much all the money is being generated by selling other toys and parts and crap I have laying around the shop so every penny counts(:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay good to know but could you tell me if after welding it would it need to be trued do to distortion from heat or would it have to be balanced due to added weight?

Did ya get the point everybody is trying to get across here? The welding comes after the trueing. Once trued they'll weld it to hold it in place. Don't think they get balanced? Maybe they do. Any decent builder would doit im assuming if it needed it.

Yeah I got the point and I know the process and the point of the modification !! I didn't post this as a damn debate on whether or not I should use a welded crank!! All I wanted was sum advice on motor assembly not the smug opinions of some conceited jerks on how I'm going to blow my motor up!!

thats because you are going to blow your motor up.

Yeah I got the point and I know the process and the point of the modification !! I didn't post this as a damn debate on whether or not I should use a welded crank!! All I wanted was sum advice on motor assembly not the smug opinions of some conceited jerks on how I'm going to blow my motor up!!

You came here for help. Most have seen what a bad crank can do. Any bike I get, crank gets trued and welded. It's cheap insurance. You really want a 8 lbs dead weight swinging around at 8k rpm coming apart on you?

I'm usually almost as big of a douche as everybody else on here. But when I made that comment I wasn't trying to be. There's a chance you can run that turd unwelded and it'll be fine. For a while. But if not, please takes lots of pics of the pieces of cases. :-)