Cool head vs stock head , stock radiator vs aluminum bigger aluminum rads , billet water pump & billet gear vs stock gear & waterpump

run better hahaha, please. A stock head might last longer than a cool head with domes, but that cool head will give you more power. Stock radiator works fine, but most aftermarket bigger ones will help cool the coolant better. And as for the impeller, I have seen stock ones melt from overheating. Never seen a billet one do that yet.

But nothing will last forever and if you dont maintain the parts, they will break sooner.

sounds about right !

I'm bringn this topic up on this 3 different parts, I keep hearing that banshee stock radiator , stock head , stock water pump and gear parts run better and are more durable . Than aftermarket cool heads , aftermarket rads , billet water pump and billet gear . What's the real truth?

The truth is who ever told you that should lay down the crack pipe.

Cool head: runs a tad cooler, allows for proper domes that burn more efficiently and at your desired compression and are swappable for different set ups. Where as the stock head needs to be machined and cant keep being re configured.

Radiator: sheer physics, bigger radiators cool more. Simple.

Billit impeller: almost never fail while stock impellers are very known for having issues like melting, snapping at the shaft, or losing fins. To boot the move more coolant and really do drop engine temps.

All in all, who ever told you that shit is quite wrong. Just sounds like some one who has had semi stock banshees on and off for years and has never really looked at the aftermarket other then what their local shop sells at the counter. I've met so many guys with banshees who swear they have the baddest bike around till we ride together and they see this website. Then I have to deal with the constant regurgitated misinformation that they find on here.

Cool head: runs a tad cooler, allows for proper domes that burn more efficiently and at your desired compression and are swappable for different set ups. Where as the stock head needs to be machined and cant keep being re configured.

Radiator: sheer physics, bigger radiators cool more. Simple.

Billit impeller: almost never fail while stock impellers are very known for having issues like melting, snapping at the shaft, or losing fins. To boot the move more coolant and really do drop engine temps.

All in all, who ever told you that shit is quite wrong. Just sounds like some one who has had semi stock banshees on and off for years and has never really looked at the aftermarket other then what their local shop sells at the counter. I've met so many guys with banshees who swear they have the baddest bike around till we ride together and they see this website. Then I have to deal with the constant regurgitated misinformation that they find on here.

With the billet impeller, roughly how long dose the stock ones last before needing to be changed?

With the billet impeller, roughly how long dose the stock ones last before needing to be changed?

The stocker lasts right up until you spend so much money on your motor that you can't afford the aftermarket cooling system parts. So you slap the bike together with all the stock junk and tell yourself it will be fine.

So 1/2 way thru the first ride or the first season, your splitting cases and back on here asking the questions for the second time about just what parts to get and what brand names since you forgot everything you read right after you said "Fuck It" and ran the stock stuff.

You know what they all say....."I'll change it on the NEXT rebuild."     Problem is, with that mentality that next rebuild might be tomorrow.  :o

Billet impellers are cheap. They can be had for 50 or 60 bucks. A billet pump drive gear is about the same. It is cheap insurance for a motor, especially since most guys dont run a temp gauge. The way I see it is if someone can afford pipes, carbs, coolhead, porting...etc., they can afford 100 bucks for a billet impeller and drive gear.

• Like 1

If it isnt broke dont fix it. I ran a stock impeller, stock radiator and rechambered stock head. Ran it hard in hot weather. I am not a huge fan of orings.

Dont buy shit just because someone says you need it. If there comes a time such as wanting to run/play with domes after porting then look into a cool head. Inspect the impeller during winter maintenance and replace as needed. Remember the impeller floats in its bearing and rubs on the clutch cover. You decide whats best.

As for the radiator. Clean straight fins!

• Like 1