J arm to A arm conversion kit...

Not sure if they're still made but with all I've read your better off buying a new A Arms frame. 

Are all the mounts the same from the j arm frames to the a arm ones for motor, exhaust and whatnot?

id really rather not

Why not? You have to be able to weld in the tubes for the conversion and then you are still going to have to have it all powdercoated. Just find an A arm frame with a title, have it stripped and powder coated, get a set of upper Arms and swap everything off your old frame to the new one. All the other mounts for the NEEDED stuff are the same. Some pipes made for J arm frames won't clear the tie rods on a A arm frame, most notably Toomey T3s but alot of the others will. I am in the process of collecting parts to do this to my 89.

Why not? You have to be able to weld in the tubes for the conversion and then you are still going to have to have it all powdercoated. Just find an A arm frame with a title, have it stripped and powder coated, get a set of upper Arms and swap everything off your old frame to the new one. All the other mounts for the NEEDED stuff are the same. Some pipes made for J arm frames won't clear the tie rods on a A arm frame, most notably Toomey T3s but alot of the others will. I am in the process of collecting parts to do this to my 89.

Well perhaps that will be a winter project, atleast if I do that I can take everything off and clean the bike make it look mint, maybe chrome everything out

You just need the angled frame tube that has the upper rear A arm mount on it. Get someone with a junk frame to sawzall out that tube, leaving extra parts of the other frame tubes, and then you can just grind away the junk and weld it in. If your J arm frame is titled, and you have the ability to MIG or TIG weld, I would do the conversion without any hesitation. Just make sure you have your upper A arms before you start welding, so you can get the spacing right. The front J arm mount is already in the correct position for A arms. The rear J arm mount needs to be ground off.