Never going to that mechanic again.

Holy crap guys, so I got my shee out of the shop started up sounded good ran it for a bit than brought it home, 2 days later it won't start. So I took the liberty to do DIY this time, took the 26mm carbs off and low and be hold they were dirty as hell, gasket wasn't even replaced and the jetting was horrible.

First off, there was just a regular old bolt screw where the pilot jet should be, secondly the air mixture screw was all the way in, third the slides were covered in black crap, and fourth all the bowl screws were stripped! What a nightmare!!!

I need some help with this guys, just jetting and air screw basically, I can do the rest.

87 banshee pretty much stock except for good series pipes and fmf silencers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have got the great series pipes instead.

What did you even take it in for in the first place?

I'm trying to upload pictures but the 50k limit sucks, anyways the slides are black the carbs are brown and green with varnish the top of the slides where the cable sits had gunk in it. And I finally tore apart that TORS system (fuck you!) that was a pain in my ass.

the black stuff that is on your slides is a stain from the slides going up and down in your carb bore. Unless you have something else going on....that black is nothing going on.

Okay, they're still getting cleane though, all sorts of crap in the actual carb