Shock rebuild parts

kris kunkel

hey guys I am new to the sight I finally got my first banshee and I love it.

I got myself a 95 model and my only problem with it is the rear shock is bad. I am a mechanic and like to fix my own rides. My question for yall is I need a rebuild kit for my rear shock can any body tell me where to find one, and can any body tell me how much oil the shock holds.

Thanks for any help

I think most people would agree that you're best off buying a newer model shock or an aftermarket upgrade. I'm pretty sure you need very specialized tools with alot of experience rebuilding shocks. Check out ebay and just buy one off a 2000 for less than any parts you'd need to buy to rebuild your old one.

I do my own shock repair as well.

Most of the repair parts can be purchased from a White Brothers dealer.

The special tools are nice but if you are a good mechanic, and resourceful you won't need anything special.

While you have it apart you should check out the Race Tech gold valve kit to revalve the shock, they are about $125 but worth it.

I'm not sure how much oil the shock holds although I think a quart should be enough. You will also need someone to refill the shock with Nitrogen, most bike shops will do this for you.