Brand new CPI rusting ?

Daraji

hey ppeepz so i got my CPI's not too long ago about a month back. today i see some rust and its blueing aswell? WTF?

These pipes are supposed to be top end and i had them shipped in from the states arnt they ment to be triple chromed?

Really pissed off!

Blue is normal. Excessive is not, that means your running pretty hot.

Rust happens. You can prob get it off with some steel wool. If you won't want rust you have to spray it down with WD-40 when your all sone

thats exactly what i have been doing everytime im done riding i wash it out then i spray it with WD-40

so disappointing bro i thought it would be triple plated chrome what could i replace a steel wool with if it wasnt available?

Who did you buy them from. Maybe they are nickel plated instead of the triple chrome. I bought mine from cascade innovations five years ago and they still look brand new and my son drive my bike  morning t'ill night. Had a tiny bit of bluing that comes off with a little autosol polish.

Who did you buy them from. Maybe they are nickel plated instead of the triple chrome. I bought mine from cascade innovations five years ago and they still look brand new and my son drive my bike  morning t'ill night. Had a tiny bit of bluing that comes off with a little autosol polish.

I got them of mike straight from CPI RACING 

• Like 1

Does it stay outside or do you live by a coast line? I live a bout 30 miles from the gulf and a BBQ pit won't last over a year outside without a cover.

Does it stay outside or do you live by a coast line? I live a bout 30 miles from the gulf and a BBQ pit won't last over a year outside without a cover.

x2. if your by the coast chrome will not last unless your keep it completely out of moisture when your not riding. try the new wd-40 with silicone in it. i have been using that for a couple months an so far no rust on my cpi's. it leaves a nice slick coating of protection of the silicone.

if you bought the cpi's right from cpi.. then thats your problem. cpi chrome is nothing special. i have had seen 5+ sets of cpi's right fom cpi.. they look nice but its by no means triple plated show chrome. the chrome is very weak, and thin. i personal had a set of cpi's with the stamps turned in. i had redline get them for me through cascade. they were the nicest pipe(as far as chrome) ive ever had/seen! the chrome was AWESOME!!! very deep, durable! when my shearers need to be refinished, cascade will be doing the chrome!