Toomey T5's are too loud, according to the Police Dept.

anyone know how the cops measure rpm as your getting decibel tested?

Usually they just do 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and use the meter.  If they are not trained how to properly use the meter you can get a higher or lower reading. It's supposed to be done at a certain distance and angle.

I hear ya and I almost said lets push it and see what happens.

However This was my though process,

The cops in NH have always been ball buster and they made it pretty clear to me if I ride with my current set up Im getting a ticket.

I would rather invest some money into silencers and have a fun time riding than pay tickets.

You might be right, maybe I would get a way with it.  Im just not in the mood to drive an 45 minutes each way to get denied to ride or a ticket when I could just quite the bike down.  The nice weather is just getting here and Im looking forward to a nice riding season.  

Where you riding at in NH? 

hey guys im over here in tiny england- virtually nowhere to ride in comparison to u lot in the US and most of our riding is on land where we shouldnt be. I have toomey T6s cos i love the sound and performance (keeping it pretty much stock before you bash me) and have to keep it as covert as possible so bought the hush kit.  without the hush kit and then again with it fitted you can really hear the difference, not so much when ticking over but when ive had a mate do a fly by for me theres a big difference. havnt tested decibels yet. it does look a bit awkward pointing down so i now have mine following the lines of the silencers and it looks good- if i want it extra quiet i keep an allen key in my toolroll andpoint it down. my mates have raptor 660s and 700s and a baja 650 and they are definately LOUDER!

i say keep the T5s and do a good repack and get a hush kit.

my banhee is being made street legal next week and the hush kit is going to make the difference with the rules on this otherwise id have to put the stockers back on!!

http://www.chem.purdue.edu/chemsafety/Training/PPETrain/dblevels.htm

Here is a basic db chart. (Your not at 105) LMAO

My banshee spit 101 db at 1/3 throttle which is a Fail.  

105? No....

Your on a basic bolt on Banshee. (less than 50HP) My wife's bike is a 63HP fully ported 370 long rod bike with FMF Fatty's and it doesn't crest 97db. (Tested by Michigan DNR TWICE!)

Every 10 DB increase = a doubling of the sound volume.

You should go to Radio Shack or a similar store and buy a DB tester. They are cheap. Then go have your local cops test the machine per state specs. Get the chief to sign off on it and have him write your tested db on the back of his business card. Then your set.

If your pipes are packed...your not breaking the law. Don't cave in. Be pro-active.

I went Pro Active like you mentioned and bought a decibel meter.  Took the bike to the police and they informed me what the specs were for the testing.  It failed.  I dont know how your wifes bike stated above is only 97 decibels, LMAO?  

My banshee spit 101 db at 1/3 throttle which is a Fail.  

I went Pro Active like you mentioned and bought a decibel meter.  Took the bike to the police and they informed me what the specs were for the testing.  It failed.  I dont know how your wifes bike stated above is only 97 decibels, LMAO?  

Sounds like after 10 years of riding like you do...it's time you re-packed your pipes. You have almost no mods yet your peaking out at 101??? Yeah, sounds like your packing is gone. My wife's bike had fresh FMF silencers and has a lot more work done to it than your machine. It passed the DNR test.

At least now your know.....you deserved a ticket. Cause 101 is just annoying.  :lol: