rebuild question

When i started taking my engine apart to fix a tranny problem i found that the left side dome was pitted and the piston was also pitted and very black and discolored. the right side was shiney and pretty both bores look great. i think this is due to a carb problem i was having casuing some detonation anyway.... My plan is to put a LR crank with 795 pistons in. Here is my question...the engine is probably only 6 months old, what should be done when putting new pistons in? does it need to be honed? or just put the pistons in and break in it? i have no idea. Also i will be needing a new set of domes..i curently have 22cc ones. can i go any lower on 94 octane? i have porting and +4 timing, obviouly dont want to burn it up, but obviously also want the most power i can get :twisted: thanks for any help guys 8)

I have 21cc and run pump gas.

Honing would be a good idea too if you have it apart. When ever I have a prob and its piston related I always hone it. Its good for the new set of pistons to go in to a shinny nice cylinder. Makes them happy, nothing like a happy shee.

definitely hone them. If your crank isnt welded, when you get the LR make sure you weld it. You have porting so I'm assuming your numbers are starting to get up there. Nossmachine.com has a chart on his site for dome size to compression with altitude. You need to hone them every time new rings go in. The rings wear into the hone and they both match each other creating a seal. You can take them to any machine shop and they can do it for you or you can buy a honer and do it yourself. If you dont have an idea of how to do it i'd take it to a machine shop.