water pump!

Your drive gear broke.. The stock ones are plastic, get the Mull Engineering billet one... you need to take the clutch cover off to do the repair... You need water pump seal, clutch cover gasket, water pump cover gasket, trans fluid, coolant, water pump bearing, billet impeller drive gear, and if the impeller has been rubbing it is more than likely trashed so you need that too.

It's normal for it to rub the cover. It should turn when you kick the engine over. You should not be able to turn the impeller with your fingers. If you can turn the impeller with your fingers, the plastic gear is chewed up. Buy a billet gear from Mull.

awesome went and pushed the kick starter down and it turned and i tried to spin with my finger and it didnt awesome and it it i guess billit...thanks a bunch and is it normal for there to be some rust in there like very little on the cover?

Sounds like you have a billet impeller and I think everyone I Have ever owned rubbed the cover should be fine

awesome went and pushed the kick starter down and it turned and i tried to spin with my finger and it didnt awesome and it it i guess billit...thanks a bunch and is it normal for there to be some rust in there like very little on the cover?

I'm pretty sure they all rub a little bit.

Really?! I'm not being a smart ass either.... Rubbing on the outside? or on the inside where the blades are? if it's on the inboard side, won't that damage the impeller blades?