rewiring lights?

sand_demon

Hi I wanted to elimate the light switches from the handle bars and put a toggle switch for the high beams and lows. There is a green, blue, and two yellows. I was going to install some lazer stars, so would I even need the low beam or should I just only wire the high beam. Thanks

How do I run it from the stator directly? Is it those two wires coming out(yellow,black). Do I need to put some kind of fuse or regulator so I won't fry the lights? I just got a new ricky 200 watt stator for this glamis halloween trip and want to have my lazer stars ready.

So your eliminating your stock lights or you will have both?

If both, just unplug the low beam from your stock lights and use that plug for your lazer stars. That way you can toggle back and fourth, Otherwise you can use either wire.

If your still confused give ricky stator a call and Im suer he can tell you EXACTLY what the best thing to do is.

I didn't use a fuse but I am stupid when it comes to things like that. I would be using a 15 amp fuse. at a full 200 watts, you will draw 16.6 amps at 12 volts. But the shee puts out closer to 14 which would be about 14 amps..... And yes, clarify if you want the stock lights and the new ones, or just the new ones...... And I believe I just used the yellow wire....