Yfz conversion over heating

The pipe flange pretty straight in to the header? Doubt that's your problem, but if they are turned pretty hard they can be holding heat back

They are a nice curve. I think the chrome would change color on a hot spot. Also the pipes are about 3.5 inches away from bottom of radiator

Also think about this...the banshee radiator sits higher in thenchassis than the motor.. This lets air escape the engine and belchs out.. Isnt the yfz radiator lower than the engine in that chassis? Maybe its air locked?

I was thinking of this too maybe ill have a surge tank above the radiator so it will have 100% water and some extra.

The radiator is a after market double row

you seriously don't have radiator scoops on there? Aren't you running the stock plastics or did you remove the radiator scoop portion?

it won't cool off when you slow down...you need to be MOVING for the air to cool the radiator off.

Water temps were never over 180 on mine (stock radiator, stock radiator cap, plastic impeller, engine ice). Cylinder temps reached 220 max.[/quote

Tried with scoops and hood on and then no hood. Will not cool down from 220 -230 cruising in second or third

To me your jetting seems a bit lean, When i was in Glamis for the first time with my 4mil ported stock cylinders with Cpis etc

27.5/30    360-380

I just texted you but before you go crazy swapping and changing stuff bump your jetting and report back.

Joe

To me your jetting seems a bit lean, When i was in Glamis for the first time with my 4mil ported stock cylinders with Cpis etc

27.5/30 360-380

I just texted you but before you go crazy swapping and changing stuff bump your jetting and report back.

Joe

Thanks

the radiator in the yfz has to have a fan and a thermostat to work right.  its also back behind all that chassis tubing and bullshit.  im not sure. on the cooling.  sounds like you may have some other issues./  id look at the plugs for jetting and make sure your not to high on timing.  plugs will show that also.  

wow  how far are those pipes sticking out the sides!! 

220 is boiling point for coolant.... running the bike over that.. i would be worried about some possible damage...

Got some water wetter and 2.0 bar cap and I shut it down around 220*

I hope jetting and air lock is my issue. Or even the water flow is too fast. I hope it is something I can fix.

the radiator in the yfz has to have a fan and a thermostat to work right. its also back behind all that chassis tubing and bullshit. im not sure. on the cooling. sounds like you may have some other issues./ id look at the plugs for jetting and make sure your not to high on timing. plugs will show that also.

wow how far are those pipes sticking out the sides!!