drag banshee and a little recreational trail use engine questions?

AmishElectrician

A ported stock cylinder with 4mm stroker on race fuel will definitely be capable of making your 80 HP goal. You could go with a serval and get it ported and make the same on pump fuel, but it's more dollars.

As far as alky vs. race fuel..... It's kind of an opinion, but alky is not for the lazy. It is a cheaper fuel, but requires a little bit pricier carbs and it will need to be purged in between rides. Race fuel is fun, but you have a totally different looking plug then what you are used to hearing about.

• Like 1

I use my 421 cub for drag, trails and mostly hill climbs, I have 19cc domes, 35pwk, 152 main, 48 pilot and needle on the 4th clip. It's has the aggressive port job from HJR and a lock out clutch on a modified stock tranny. +7 on timming and burning 110 octane. I made 96 hp on redlines dyno. I have had zero problems running on the trails. I run a 12 front sprocket and a 43 rear and 22.11.8 10 paddles. It had good wheel spin when I need it in the soft and steep hill climbs and enough gear without winding out in the drags.

I use my 421 cub for drag, trails and mostly hill climbs, I have 19cc domes, 35pwk, 152 main, 48 pilot and needle on the 4th clip. It's has the aggressive port job from HJR and a lock out clutch on a modified stock tranny. +7 on timming and burning 110 octane. I made 96 hp on redlines dyno. I have had zero problems running on the trails. I run a 12 front sprocket and a 43 rear and 22.11.8 10 paddles. It had good wheel spin when I need it in the soft and steep hill climbs and enough gear without winding out in the drags.
wow that is geared low