Banshee won't start off kick? Help me!

wheelz98

Someone help please just brought banshee was running I pulled the carbs down to clean did so put 280 mains in it im at sea level has stock air box with lid aftermarket bills pipe s reeds r good carbs are synced mixture screw is at 2 turns out and it won't start unless I roll start It and even once it's going it will not idle will just stall help please

Sorry mate I forgot that people wouldn't be able to read this if I didn't put and commas in,,,,,,,,,,, silly me

Thanks larry by the way I have a funny felling its the choke cross over tube now that you say it ha thanks alot mate will see how I go does my jetting sound about right ?

I put 280s in because I actually brought two basnhees the same time but the one I am going to use only had 200's but the other bike had 280s so I put them in without doing a plug chop as of yet I have not taken it for a good run where I can get it wot but the plugs are not black or have oil on them and no I have not done a compression check either. Maybe that's my next step

• 2 weeks later...

Bought - Brought .....not the same.

Here...slow down and try these....

?

!

You have 2 choices when posting here.

#1 - English

#2 - A-mur-a-kin

I'm having a similar issue with my banshee. It's a newly rebuilt rd400 motor in it and it has 2 to 1 conversion kit on it. When I got the rebuild back it ran. I rode it for a few minutes then put it away for half a year and now it wont run and the carb is clean and getting gas but my spark plugs are bone dry. I'm thinking the carb isn't big enough for the conversion kit (35mil) or is too big/far from motor. the carb is good 5 inches from reeds and motor. its getting very close to starting but never does and I tried pull starting it and nothing. Spark and compression as well as ignition system are all good. Any suggestions or ideas?