Reeds and adjustable plate Help!

Abdul

Heey guys

I am wondering what is the function of the reeds and the adjustable plate ???

I will be getting a adjustable plate and should I put the timing on 4+?

Please do you have any video about how to install the reeds and the adjustable plate ?

Thanks alot.

Clymers tells you how to install reeds.

Timing plate, you need a flywheel puller and take that off, unbolt the oem mounting plate( 3 bolts 10mm I believe) un bolt the stator from the plate, then work backwards with the adjustable plate. Once you get the stator back one and the plate loosely bolted on, use the split between the cases as you guide. Line that up with the +4, reinstall your flywheel torque it down, don't forget the woodruff key. Inspect it and make sure it's straight and everything lines up.

Clymers tells you how to install reeds.

Timing plate, you need a flywheel puller and take that off, unbolt the oem mounting plate( 3 bolts 10mm I believe) un bolt the stator from the plate, then work backwards with the adjustable plate. Once you get the stator back one and the plate loosely bolted on, use the split between the cases as you guide. Line that up with the +4, reinstall your flywheel torque it down, don't forget the woodruff key. Inspect it and make sure it's straight and everything lines up.

thanks alot !! But can you explain what is the function of the reeds ?